AUI has been supporting Junior Achievement (JA) for over twenty years. JA’s mission is to inspire and
prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
AUI’s involvement with JA began with Chief Financial Officer, Michele Zulka-King, who has served on
JA New Mexico’s Board of Directors since 1990, and Executive Committee since 2009. In addition to
AUI’s financial support of JA, numerous AUI employees at all levels volunteer in various capacities:
- Teaching a variety of Financial Literacy Programs in elementary, middle and high schools
- Hosting Job Shadow Events
- Lead and Coal Avenues Project Tour
- Bridge Building Contest
- Sponsoring JA Special Events
- Employee fundraising through Bowl-a-thon
2013 will be the fifth year that AUI employees have put together several teams to participate in the event and raise additional funds to supplement AUI’s Bowl-a-thon sponsorship.