EXPERIENCE, VALUES, AND COMMITMENT
AUI Inc. (AUI) is a 100% New Mexico owned and operated corporation with 42 years of experience in heavy civil construction in the southwest United States. Founded in 1981, AUI has evolved with the times and the industry to become New Mexico’s largest multi-disciplined and diversified heavy-civil contractor offering a wide variety of services that include, but are not limited to:
- Structural concrete and bridges
- Concrete paving and channels
- Heavy earthwork
- Asphalt paving
- Utilities, wet and dry
- Pipelines and related plant facilities, including pump stations and treatment plants and associated piping
- Trenchless technology, including pipe bursting, slip-lining and manhole rehabilitation – AUI currently leads the region in trenchless technology
- Surveying Services
- Traffic Control
Our in-house resources include qualified experts with certifications such as Professional Engineer (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Professional Estimator (CPE), Safety, Health and Environmental Professional (SHEP), Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP), Certified Professional Surveyor (PS), and Professional in Human Resources (PHR). We have dedicated crews specializing in concrete, earthwork, asphalt paving, and utilities. AUI owns a full range of top-of-the-line equipment maintained by our fully staffed and equipped diesel shop.
We are proud of AUI’s long list of successfully completed projects for numerous federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private owners. The majority of our work is performed in the southwest region, and we are currently qualified and registered to perform work in eleven states.
The driving force at AUI is focused on safety, quality, and integrity. We measure our success in terms of our ability to meet our customers’ goals with respect to cost, schedule, and quality of construction. We are committed to customer satisfaction and have the technical and organizational capability required to successfully construct the Project on time, within budget, and with sound quality.
AUI’s five core values are the focus of all AUI employees:
- Passionate about Safety
- Pride in our Work
- Integrity in All Actions
- Dedicated to Excellence
- Respectful to All
Our Commitment To Safety
Safety is AUI Inc’s No. 1 priority. We have a zero-accident goal. Our in-house Safety Director regularly inspects jobsites to ensure the safety working conditions and practices possible, as well as OSHA compliance. Our award-winning safety program include extensive training and multiple initiatives:
- Field employees hold a minimum OSHA 10 certification.
- Superintendents and foremen have a minimum of a 30-hour OSHA training.
- The Safety Director oversees AUI’s extensive training programs that cover confined space entry, trenching and excavation, fall protection, hazardous waste emergency response, and CPR and first aid.
- New employees receive a mandatory safety orientation
- New employees are required to wear orange hardhats for the first six months.
- We have an aggressive drug and alcohol testing policy.
- We hold routine and unannounced job site inspections.
- We have weekly safety meetings at each job site.
- We encourage stretching exercises each morning to prevent injuries.
COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY
At AUI Inc., we believe in giving back to the communities that support us. This thought process has become our company’s backbone. Our commitment is not just in words, but in actions that impact lives. AUI has, and will continue to, support many programs and organizations throughout the state of New Mexico who help make our state a better place to live.